When you purchase quartz countertops from Vanway Kitchen + Bath, you’re investing in something that will last for decades. Follow these maintenance tips to keep your quartz countertops looking their best.
1. Always Use Gentle Cleansers. For everyday spills, simply use a clean, soft cloth or sponge with dish soap. Rinse with clean water and dry with a soft cloth or paper towel. Avoid all contact with bleach, oven cleaners, paint removers, furniture strippers, silver tarnish cleaners, Comet, or Soft Scrub.
2. Never Scrub or Scratch. For stubborn spills, scrape any residue using a plastic putty knife. Follow up by soaking the spill with a mild cleanser like Bar Keeper’s Friend. Finish by wiping the stubborn spill with a non-scratch Scotch Brite pad. Rinse any remaining residue with clean water. Avoid all contact with abrasive scrubbing pads or brushes.
Cleaning Products We Recommend For Quartz Countertops
3. Always Avoid Extreme Heat. Although quartz countertops are heat resistant, they can still be damaged by extreme heat. Avoid placing hot cookware directly on the countertop. Use trivets or hot pads for protection. Avoid using a crockpot or electric skillet directly on the countertop. Instead, protect the quartz by placing the cooking appliance on a cutting board or trivet to disperse the heat.
4. Never Apply Sealers Or Treatments. Quartz countertops keep their lustrous gloss and ultra smooth surface without the need for polishing or sealing. Do not apply any sealers or topical treatments to your quartz countertops under any circumstances. This may cause irreversible damage to the stone.
5. Always Avoid Dropping Heavy Objects. Quartz countertops are made from engineered stone, but they will chip if banged by heavy cookware. Chips can be repaired by polishing and filling with epoxy, but are not covered by any warranties.
Don’t have quartz yet, but want it? Visit the Countertops page to see some of our best selling options, then book an appointment with a designer to talk about your plans and get help choosing samples that will match your existing cabinets.