5 Year Limited Warranty For Cabinets
Vanway Kitchen + Bath is pleased to offer the following 5 year limited warranty for our cabinets. Please review all the information to ensure you understand what is covered by your warranty. If you have questions, please contact your designer to have them answered. We also recommend you follow our instructions for taking care of your cabinets so they look good for years to come.
Who Is Covered By This Limited Warranty?
- This limited warranty applies to residential purchasers who have purchased our product for installation in their primary or secondary residence. This warranty can be transferred and applies to future home owners if the property is sold.
- This limited warranty applies to home builders and contractors who have purchased our product for installation in a newly constructed home that will be used as a primary or secondary residence. This limited lifetime warranty is then assigned to the initial owner of that home. This warranty can be transferred and applies to future home owners if the property is sold.
- This limited warranty does not apply to purchasers who have purchased our product for installation in rental properties or commercial properties.
What Is The Limited Warranty Period?
- This limited warranty begins on the date the product was installed, whether it was purchased by you or on your behalf by a third party such as a contractor or home builder.
- This limited warranty continues for a period of 5 years. It can be transferred to another person if your property is sold until the 5 year period is up.
What Is Covered By This Limited Warranty?
- Vanway Kitchen + Bath warrants that your cabinets will be designed, manufactured, and / or installed according to the plan and description provided by the designer and approved by the client.
- Vanway Kitchen + Bath warrants that your product will be free from defects in material and workmanship, under normal use and maintenance at the original site of installation, for the warranty period.
- Vanway Kitchen + Bath will, at our option, repair or replace products which are defective. Should our product lines change, we reserve the right to repair or replace your product with an option that is of a similar or comparable style or colour in order to achieve a uniform appearance. If it is not commercially feasible to repair or replace a defective product, we may opt to provide a refund or credit for the portion of the product that is defective. As we are working with natural products which change in appearance over time, we cannot guarantee an exact match with the finish or colour of the existing products in your home.
What Is Not Covered By This Limited Warranty?
- This limited warranty does not cover damage from normal wear and tear. This includes products that show natural wear and variation from age, sunlight, or environmental exposure; products that have water damage from regular exposure to moisture; and products that have damage from inappropriate scrubbing.
- This limited warranty does not cover changes caused by humidity. This includes products that experience expansion or shrinking due to wood components and products that develope hairline cracks at joints, as all wood naturally expands and contracts with seasonal changes.
- This limited warranty does not cover damage from misuse or abuse. This includes products that have been cleaned using abrasive, acidic, corrosive, or chlorine-based substances; products that have had unauthorized modifications; products that have been used outdoors; and products that have been damaged by fire, flood, or acts outside our control.
- This limited warranty does not cover labour costs for removing or reinstalling the product. It does not cover labour costs or material charges for removal, reinstallation, repainting, refinishing or replacement of any other items or building materials which must be removed, reinstalled, repainted, refinished, or replaced in order to repair or replace the defective product.
- This limited warranty does not cover products that were installed by anyone other than Vanway Kitchen + Bath.
How To Request Warranty Service
To obtain warranty service, please contact your nearest Vanway Kitchen + Bath location. Describe the problem you see and if possible, include photos of the issue. Vanway Kitchen + Bath will arrange a complimentary inspection of the product to ensure the issue is within the scope of our warranty. For example, normal wear and tear is not a manufacturing defect. It would not be covered by warranty as all cabinets can expect to show signs of wear as they age.
Common Warranty Questions
Vanway Kitchen + Bath offers an exceptional warranty that meets and exceeds industry standards. Still, we occasionally receive questions from clients that indicate there is some confusion about what is covered.
- A warranty doesn’t cover natural variation. Wood is a natural product that contains natural variations in colour, grain pattern, and texture. No two trees are exactly alike – so cabinet doors made from natural wood will not be identical in appearance. This is part of the beauty of wood and is why clients choose solid wood rather than melamine.
- A warranty doesn’t cover natural aging. Wood, stains, paints, and lacquers undergo a natural aging process. The colours change somewhat as the years go on; the colour can also be impacted by direct sunlight. Wood also subtly expands and contracts depending on humidity and dryness. This is part of using solid wood and clients should expect some changes in colour and appearance, as well as hairline cracks around the seams and joints.
- A warranty doesn’t cover water damage. Wood is a natural product that is damaged by water. If moisture regularly comes into contact with a particular section of cabinetry, the finish and the wood will eventually be damaged. This is not a manufacturing defect but is normal wear and tear. To protect your cabinets and keep them looking new as long as possible, please follow our care instructions.
- A warranty doesn’t cover damage caused by you. It is possible to damage your cabinets with your actions. Scrubbing wood with abrasive scouring pads will scratch it. Splashing water on cabinet doors near the sink will ruin the finish. Impacting corners and edges may chip a painted finish. Damage like this is not due to our manufacturing process and is not covered by this warranty.